Monday, November 19, 2007

Billboard reviews Britney's new single 'Piece Of Me'


So guess who got the last laugh? "Gimme More," Britney Spears' launch
single from fifth studio album "Blackout," peaked at a robust No. 3 on The Billboard
Hot 100, garnering plenty of top 40 attention and consumer download love, while the
album catapulted in at No. 2 (personal note: when really it should be #1). Follow-up "Piece
of Me" has already fostered scrutiny with lyrical response to obsessive media attention:
"I'm Mrs. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, I'm Mrs. Oh my God that Britney's shameless/
I'm Mrs. 'Extra,' 'Extra,' this just in, I'm Mrs. she's too big, now she's too thin." Musically,
the song drips and drools '80s synths, alongside a drowsy midtempo clip, as Brit sings in
a heavily layered near-monotone. Again, the cover of Us will be as big a catalyst for
radio as vocal prowess.

-Chuck Taylor

Credit:
Billboard / Ubritney

No comments:

Post a Comment