Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Lipstick Collection on NYX Round, look and enjoy

As I said before, I am a huge NYX Cosmetics fan and one of my favorite products from the brand are their ROUND LIPSTICKS. The round lipsticks are supposed to be the brand's "all year round" product which comes in a variety of shades. I think they currently have 144 shades to choose from. 


Last year I depotted 12 of my Nyx lippies so I could bring them along on my Singapore trip without them having to take up so much space in my makeup travel kit. I got these stackable container pots from a friend and decided to use them to house my depotted lippies.


L-R (top-bottom) : Marrakesh Pink, Pure Nude, Iris, Pumpkin Pie, Tweed, Indian Pink
The above photo is my collection of nudes. I have more nude lippies but these are the ones in the stackable container. My favorites are Pumpkin Pie & Indian Pink.
Pumpkin Pie is my favorite "go-to" nude lipstick since last year. It's like a "my-lips-but-better" kind of lipstick and even my kid sister loves it.
Indian Pink is a peachy pink color that's just absolutely lovely. I think any skin tone can pull off wearing Indian Pink. Whenever I use this lippie, I get a lot of questions about it. *wink*
I must admit that I can't seem to use Marrakesh Pink alone. I have to layer a darker lip color on top to avoid looking too washed out. That's a little sad though since it's such a lovely pale pink color. Another shade I have problem with at times is Iris. I find it a little bit too sheer and I have to pile on quite a few layers to get a nice color payoff. .
L-R : Marrakesh Pink, Pure Nude, Iris, Pumpkin Pie, Tweed, Indian Pink
L-R (top-bottom) : Pink Lyric, Louisiana, Haute Coutour, Fire, Chic Red, Pure Red
The second stack houses my pinks and reds. I have three pinks & three reds. These are some of my favorites in my collection of pink & red lipstick. I was really having second thought about melting them but I really wanted to take them along with me so I had to just close my eyes and go ahead with depotting them!
L-R : Pink Lyric, Louisiana, Haute Coutour, Fire, Chic Red, Pure Red
If I had to choose, I'd say that Louisiana & Fire are my favorites in the bunch. Louisiana is a bright fuchsia pink that's pretty for the summer but personally I wear it any time of the year. Fire is another bright shade. It reminds of bright red apples I kept drawing as a kid. It definitely calls attention.
Unlike my nude lippies collection, I don't have any problems with any of these lippies in terms of color payoff and application.

So dear readers, there you go. This is just part 1 of my NYX Round Lipstick Collection. Watch out for the other parts!
Anyway, I'd like to ask... Which shades did YOU like the most?
- See more at: http://jannieology.blogspot.com/2012/04/nyx-round-lipsticks-swatches-round-1.html#sthash.vjrVQymN.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment